Sketches, Most of us love them but not all of us can draw as well. For those of us who don’t know how to draw and also for them who know, we bring a quick Adobe Photoshop tutorial that will walk you through creating a sketch from any photo.
For this, we are going to take a photo of our choice, play the magic of Adobe Photoshop and create an awesome sketch. We can not just create black and white sketches in Adobe Photoshop but color sketches as well. Cool Right?
Here, are the steps involved in creating a Sketch in Adobe Photoshop. We are using Adobe Photoshop CS6 for this.
1. Open Photoshop and Open the photo you want to sketch out. (File->Open)
2. Unlock the Background layer by double clicking the Lock symbol next to the Layer.
3. Next, De-Saturate the layer. The shortcut to De-Saturate is (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + U)
4. Duplicate the layer. (Ctrl/Cmd + J)
5. In the new duplicated layer you just created, go to Image->Adjustments->Invert. You will notice all blacks of your image becomes white and vice versa.
6. In this inverted layer, set the Blending Mode to Color Dodge. You will notice most of your image turns white when you change the blending mode. If not, maybe you gotta change the image.
7. After this, go to Filter->Other->Minimum.
8. Give the Radius value. Remember, less value = more details.
9. Voila ! Your photo just turned into a Sketch.
10. To get a color sketch, simply place the original color photo in between your two layers.
Placing the Color Image:
1. Click on the bottom layer. Here, Layer 0.
2. Go to File->Place or hit Alt + F + L.
3. Select the original color photo.
4. It will be placed in between the two black and white layers.
That’s what it takes to generate sketch from photo. I hope you will be able to make some cool sketches now and wow your friends and family. Cheers!!