Sketches, Most of us love them but not all of us can draw as well. For those of us who don’t know how to draw and also for them who know, we bring a quick Adobe Photoshop tutorial that will walk you through creating a sketch from any photo.
For this, we are going to take a photo of our choice, play the magic of Adobe Photoshop and create an awesome sketch. We can not just create black and white sketches in Adobe Photoshop but color sketches as well. Cool Right?
Here, are the steps involved in creating a Sketch in Adobe Photoshop. We are using Adobe Photoshop CS6 for this.
1. Open Photoshop and Open the photo you want to sketch out. (File->Open)
2. Unlock the Background layer by double clicking the Lock symbol next to the Layer.
3. Next, De-Saturate the layer. The shortcut to De-Saturate is (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + U)
4. Duplicate the layer. (Ctrl/Cmd + J)
5. In the new duplicated layer you just created, go to Image->Adjustments->Invert. You will notice all blacks of your image becomes white and vice versa.
6. In this inverted layer, set the Blending Mode to Color Dodge. You will notice most of your image turns white when you change the blending mode. If not, maybe you gotta change the image.
7. After this, go to Filter->Other->Minimum.
8. Give the Radius value. Remember, less value = more details.
9. Voila ! Your photo just turned into a Sketch.
10. To get a color sketch, simply place the original color photo in between your two layers.
Placing the Color Image:
1. Click on the bottom layer. Here, Layer 0.
2. Go to File->Place or hit Alt + F + L.
3. Select the original color photo.
4. It will be placed in between the two black and white layers.
That’s what it takes to generate sketch from photo. I hope you will be able to make some cool sketches now and wow your friends and family. Cheers!!
You might have come across the need to create a thread/string for your graphics work in Adobe Photoshop.Well, so was the case with me. I once came across the need to create a thread for a client of mine.
I tried a few methods. I used the pen tool to draw a curved line that resembles like a thread. Add anchor points and play around to create a thread like structure. But that maybe a little complex for those of you who aren’t comfortable using the Pen tool. I know it’s nerve racking in the beginning level and even I had been through it.
Worry not, because I bring before you the easiest method to create a thread. You will be amazed to see how simple it is and you could throw all methods down the lane once you learn this.
So here is the easiest way to create a thread in Adobe Photoshop. We are using Adobe Photoshop CS6 for this.
1. Create a New Document of the size of your choice.
2. Next, change the background color to the color of your choice. Unlock the background layer first. Then Double click on the layer thumbnail and click on Color Overlay.
3. Next, select the Single Column Marquee tool. To do this, right click on the Marquee tool and Select Single Column Marquee.
4. Drag the marquee wherever you want in the document.
5. Then click on New Layer. See how to create a New layer in the video above.
6. Then Right Click on the Marquee you just made and Click Stroke.
7. Define the Stroke width and color.
8. After this, Click on Filter->Distort->Shear.
9. In this new window just click on the line (somewhere in the middle). You will see a point will be added.
10. Just click and drag the point simultaneously to create a thread. You can always repeat Step 9 to add multiple points and modify the thread. Finally click OK.
So that easy was creating a thread in Adobe Photoshop.You can always play around with the thread you’ve created and use for various purposes. Good Luck !!
Install WAMP Server to create a Windows web development environment.
It allows you to create web applications with Apache2, PHP and a MySQL database. Alongside, PhpMyAdmin allows you to manage easily your databases. In the most simplest words, WAMP allows you to create a local server on your computer. WAMP comes in handy when you have to work with WordPress, PHP, etc.
This is a short tutorial that teaches you how to Install WAMP .
The step-by-step instructions:
1. Open your browser and go to Google Search.
2. Search INSTALL WAMP.
3. Select the source-forge link (Usually the Second Search Result) & download WAMP.
4. Locate the downloaded file and double click to run the install WAMP.
5. Follow the Installation Wizard.
6. After Installation is completed, go to the task-bar (bottom right) to see that ‘ W ‘ like WAMP logo is there.
7. Click on that logo and Click on Start All Services.
Congrats!! Now you’re ready to use WAMP.