Want to know how to activate the Cortana Search Bar in Windows 10? This video will show you how to do so. You may use the Cortana Search Bar to search anything directly from your desktop in Windows 10 either by typing or giving voice commands. Sounds Cool, Right??
It’s been quite sometime Windows 10 is out in the market. Windows 10 has definitely created a buzz and the work the guys at Microsoft has done is commendable. Gone are the days you have to use crappy looking Windows. Windows 10 comes with Cortana, your personal digital assistant which helps you search anything, give voice commands and many more.
When you install Windows 10, by default Cortana is shown as a circular icon in your Taskbar. You can make it longer into a Search Bar by watching the video below.
This video will show you how to make a facebook cover photo in Adobe Photoshop. Specifically, we will show how to create a facebook cover with correct facebook cover dimensions. The cover we will be creating will be a cool looking monochrome cover using Adobe Photoshop Version CS6.
Masking in Adobe Photoshop is this great technique to reveal certain parts of your image or artwork while concealing some parts. The dictionary meaning of masking is to conceal something from view. The same meaning is implied in Photoshop as well. Masking in Photoshop makes use of two colors; black and white. The concept behind Masking is that, if you paint black over an image it is concealed and if you paint white over it it is revealed. While masking the colors are painted with the Brush tool. The shortcut for Brush tool in Photoshop is the letter ‘B’ in the keyboard.
Now you may be wondering why not simply use the Eraser tool instead of Masking. The disadvantage with Eraser tool is that once you erase portions of your image, you cannot get the original asset in future. But, if you use Masking in Photoshop, you have an added advantage that your original file is always preserved. In case you need to get your image file back in future all you need to do is paint white over your image or delete the mask itself.
The steps below are described referencing Adobe Photoshop CC.
Steps involved in Masking in Photoshop:
1. Select the layer you want to create a mask on.
2. Click on Layer -> Layer Mask -> Reveal All.
3. You will see a small white box appears next to your layer. This is the box you will be painting in the blacks and whites with your Brush tool.
4. Click on that small white box and select Brush tool from the toolbar. (SHORTCUT: ‘B’ on the keyboard)
5. Select the black color from color palette and start painting black. You will see the area where you painted black is concealed.
6. Select white color now and paint over those concealed areas. Your image is restored to how it was before.
To delete a Layer Mask in Photoshop:
1. Right click on the small white box that appeared next to your layer.
You might have come across the need to create a thread/string for your graphics work in Adobe Photoshop.Well, so was the case with me. I once came across the need to create a thread for a client of mine.
I tried a few methods. I used the pen tool to draw a curved line that resembles like a thread. Add anchor points and play around to create a thread like structure. But that maybe a little complex for those of you who aren’t comfortable using the Pen tool. I know it’s nerve racking in the beginning level and even I had been through it.
Worry not, because I bring before you the easiest method to create a thread. You will be amazed to see how simple it is and you could throw all methods down the lane once you learn this.
So here is the easiest way to create a thread in Adobe Photoshop. We are using Adobe Photoshop CS6 for this.
1. Create a New Document of the size of your choice.
2. Next, change the background color to the color of your choice. Unlock the background layer first. Then Double click on the layer thumbnail and click on Color Overlay.
3. Next, select the Single Column Marquee tool. To do this, right click on the Marquee tool and Select Single Column Marquee.
4. Drag the marquee wherever you want in the document.
5. Then click on New Layer. See how to create a New layer in the video above.
6. Then Right Click on the Marquee you just made and Click Stroke.
7. Define the Stroke width and color.
8. After this, Click on Filter->Distort->Shear.
9. In this new window just click on the line (somewhere in the middle). You will see a point will be added.
10. Just click and drag the point simultaneously to create a thread. You can always repeat Step 9 to add multiple points and modify the thread. Finally click OK.
So that easy was creating a thread in Adobe Photoshop.You can always play around with the thread you’ve created and use for various purposes. Good Luck !!
Install WAMP Server to create a Windows web development environment.
It allows you to create web applications with Apache2, PHP and a MySQL database. Alongside, PhpMyAdmin allows you to manage easily your databases. In the most simplest words, WAMP allows you to create a local server on your computer. WAMP comes in handy when you have to work with WordPress, PHP, etc.
This is a short tutorial that teaches you how to Install WAMP .
The step-by-step instructions:
1. Open your browser and go to Google Search.
2. Search INSTALL WAMP.
3. Select the source-forge link (Usually the Second Search Result) & download WAMP.
4. Locate the downloaded file and double click to run the install WAMP.
5. Follow the Installation Wizard.
6. After Installation is completed, go to the task-bar (bottom right) to see that ‘ W ‘ like WAMP logo is there.
7. Click on that logo and Click on Start All Services.
Congrats!! Now you’re ready to use WAMP.